Our Commitment to Sustainability
At Sub-Zero and Wolf, we aspire to be a leader not only in the preservation and preparation of food, but in the preservation of our planet as well.
We strive to develop the most energy efficient luxury appliances possible, and have done so ever since we first began selling refrigeration equipment in 1945. The average Sub-Zero product uses less electricity than a 75-watt bulb. And all our refrigerators keep food fresher longer, so owners throw away less food each year due to spoilage.
We promote sustainability initiatives throughout Sub-Zero and Wolf operations and manufacturing. We're constantly trying to find ways to build our appliances with an eye toward minimizing environmental impact – from the materials used to the processes followed. Consider:
- Almost all of our appliances are made in our own USA facilities
- Over 75% of the stainless steel we use is from recycled material
- Up to 50% of the plastic in our refrigerators is recycled material
- No wastewater is produced in manufacturing for either Sub-Zero or Wolf
- We've significantly reduced our use of ozone-forming hydrocarbon solvents
- Nearly all the shipping containers we use are returnable
And, we look for greater efficiencies in our day to day operations as well. Here are a few of the things we've done just in the past year:
- Installed new LED lighting in our Wolf manufacturing plant, saving over a thousand kilowatt hours of electricity per year
- Developed a water recycling program in our test labs, saving almost 200,000 gallons per year
- Recycled over 566 tons of scrap that would otherwise go into a landfill
- Drastically reduced both paper consumption and computer-related energy usage
Our sustainability efforts are good for our business, good for our customers and good for our planet. So we will continue to do everything we can throughout Sub-Zero and Wolf to conduct our business in an environmentally responsible manner. If you ever have any suggestions for us, or any questions about our sustainability programs, please email us at: email@example.com.