Before You Start
It’s important to have the boneless leg of lamb tied prior to roasting — this is something that can be done by your butcher.
TWO DAYS AHEAD
1. Combine all ingredients except the lamb in a small bowl.
2. Working over a baking sheet or cutting board, spread the mixture over entire surface of lamb roast.
3. Wrap lamb tightly in plastic wrap and place on a pan or large dish and store in the refrigerator for 2 days.
1. Remove the lamb from the plastic and place on rack in a roasting pan. Insert temperature probe into the thickest part of the lamb roast and place the pan into the oven on rack position 2.
2. Plug the probe into the receptacle.
3. Set the oven to 175°C on Convection Roast Mode and set the probe alert temperature to 52°C.
4. Cook until internal temperature has been reached.
5. Using a secondary thermometer, check that the roast has reached the proper temperature.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving.