Before You Start
1. Preheat the oven to 165°C on Roast Mode with a rack set on position 3.
2. Season the roast on all sides with kosher salt, place on a large plate or platter and allow to rest on the counter for 30 minutes.
3. Add the olive oil to a stovetop safe roasting pan and over high heat, sear the roast until evenly browned, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Remove the roast from the pan onto a plate.
5. Turn the heat down to medium and add 475 ml of beef stock to the pan and deglaze, scraping up the bits stuck to the bottom. A flat edged wooden spoon works best.
6. Add the herbs, garlic and freshly ground black pepper to the pan and stir to combine.
7. Place the roast back into the pan and roast in the oven, uncovered, for 1 hour.
8. After 1 hour, flip the roast over, cover the pan with a lid or aluminum foil and roast for one additional hour.
9. After the second hour, temporarily remove the roast to a plate.
10. Add the vegetables and potatoes to roasting pan.
11. Nestle the roast into vegetables.
12. Pour the remaining 115 ml of stock over roast.
13. Cover the pan with a lid or aluminum foil, return the pan to the oven and roast for 45 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are easily pierced by a fork.
14. After the potatoes and vegetable are cooked through, remove the roast from the oven and place on a platter.
15. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before carving.
16. Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and place in a dish.
17. Serve with au jus from the pan.