Before You Start
If you don’t have a roasting rack, use the broiler rack that came with your broiler pan and place it in your roasting pan.
1. In a small bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme and black pepper together to create a rub.
2. Season the roast liberally on all sides with kosher salt.
3. Coat the prime rib with the prepared rub.
4. Place the prime rib roast in a roasting pan with an elevated roasting rack.
5. Insert the temperature probe into the thickest part of the roast.
6. Place the roast into the oven on rack position 2 and plug the probe into the port.
7. Set the oven to Gourmet Mode and choose “meat”, “beef”, “prime rib”, as well as your desired doneness. The oven will cook the roast until the probe alert indicates it has reached the desired internal temperature.
8. Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.