Before You Start
A hot water bath, or bain-marie, is necessary for custards - it prevents cracking and drying out and regulates temperature during baking.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Bake Mode with a rack set at position “3.”
- In a medium bowl, whisk yolks, salt, sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a saucepan, bring cream to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove pan from heat. With a ladle, slowly add cream to the egg mixture, whisking continuously.
- Pass mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Evenly divide strained mixture between 6 ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; fill dish with hot water until it reaches half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes or until custards are set but still wiggle slightly when moved. Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes then transfer to the refrigerator and chill until fully set. To serve, top with mint leaves and seasonal berries.