Baked Custard (Convection Steam Oven)
Makes 6 Ramekins
Is there anything more delicious, with a sprinkling of seasonal berries on top?
- Preheat the oven on the Steam Mode at 200°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, salt, sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream up to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and with a ladle, very slowly add the cream to the egg mixture while whisking continuously.
- Strain this mixture through a fine mesh strainer and divide evenly between 6 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins on the perforated pan and steam for 30 minutes.
- The custards will be set when done, but will pull from sides of ramekins when tipped at an angle.