Maple Walnut Coffee Cake
Makes 1 Pan
A fall flavored twist on a standard coffee cake. The pairing of maple and walnut is classic and helps this coffee cake stand out. B grade maple syrup is a great choice for baking — it’s richer and fuller in flavor than A grade.
Before You Start
B grade maple syrup is a great choice for baking — it’s richer and fuller in flavor
than A grade.
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C on Bake Mode with a rack set on position 3.
2. In a medium sized bowl mix the streusel ingredients together by hand until well combined and crumbly and set aside.
3. In another medium sized bowl whisk together the wet ingredients until well combined.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together gently just until evenly mixed.
6. Spread half of the batter into a sprayed or a greased 230 mm round pan.
7. Add half of the streusel, and then cover with the rest of the batter.
8. Top with the remaining streusel.
9. Place in oven and bake for 25–30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.