Before You Start
You will need the bake stone kit for this recipe. When storing the pizza dough, choose a container large enough to accommodate the rising of the dough, as it will double in size. Allow two to three days for the pizza dough to sit in the refrigerator. This time is necessary to develop the depth of flavor that gives pizza dough its unique character.
TO PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
2. Mix the dough on low speed for 7 minutes.
3. Stop and cover the mixing bowl with a clean dish towel or plastic wrap and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the cover on the mixing bowl and continue kneading on low speed for 7 more minutes.
5. Place the dough in a greased container.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 2 days.
TO PREPARE THE PIZZA
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C on Stone Mode with the bake stone and rack set on position 1.
2. While the oven is preheating, portion the dough into 2 equal pieces. The second piece of dough can be rolled out or frozen for later use if desired.
3. Gently roll the dough into a ball, cover and allow to come to room temperature.
4. Dust the countertop with flour.
5. Roll the pizza dough until just under 6 mm thick.
6. Dust the top of the rolled out dough and the pizza peel with flour.
7. Flip the pizza dough over and place the floured surface of the pizza dough onto the floured peel. This will make sliding the pizza into the oven much easier.
8. Add your favorite pizza sauce and toppings. (Less is more when it comes to topping a pizza!) As the cheese melts it will spread out — be sure to leave enough open space and don’t overcrowd the toppings.
9. Transfer the pizza to the oven and slide the pizza onto the center of the preheated bake stone.
10. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the pizza has reached the desired browning.